Sunday, September 12, 2010

recruited

So its the beginning of week three. WHAT? I can barely believe this to be true. Week one was awesome after worship night we had a series of events including a trip to donut man, bowling, and a movie night. We have gotten together and gone to places like Hunington Beach and now yogurtland. Classes are amazing! My professors have so much passion for what they are doing, it's amazing. We had retreat this past weekend, and it was amazing. Our speaker Keith Jakins just brought such a powerful message about unity and sticking together. Worship was awesome! It was so great that I lost my voice over it.  Being here has been such a huge change. God is present in every conversation in one way or another. We support each other in evangelising where ever we go, and it's ok to talk about God openly. As great as this all is the course work has been tough. There is so much material to cover. I wish I would have documented all these events as they were happening, there could have been so much more detail. Out of all this good I know that I am being attacked right now by the enemy, and its getting hard to stand my ground. I am trying so hard to not be alone right now because I know that is when he goes after me, well it's either him or my own self. As Keith spoke this weekend he spoke of the war that is to come. That is truly what I am facing today is the mini battles for going out to war. It's funny because my dad was in the marines for a period of time, and growing up he told me I should join. My first reaction would always be, "Heck NO! You are crazy dad! What if I were shipped to war? I couldn't deal with that!" Little did we both know that I would later be recruited to join an army that would be more powerful, and would face a battle field every day of my life. With God I can be a solider and stand my ground, with out God I will run and not stop running until I can never go back. I don't want to be running anymore. I need to take a stand, but I can't do it alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment