Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Begining

For a few years I was lost as a young adult could be. Life was in the fast lane, and I thought I was loving it. I was loosing track of time, and suddenly it was almost two years later. My body was getting tired I couldn't keep up much longer. As my body slowed down I entered a period that I would look back and claim as my "rock bottom." I tried bringing myself out this period out of my own strength, and during that time I received a call to volunteer in the preschool ministry. I greatly feel that the preschoolers brought love into my heart, where it was almost forgotten. I had been building my self up, but I still wasn't strong enough. At about three months I fell back into old habits. As I began to slip God sent me a life line, and partnered me with my soon to be mentor. We met often and along with healing I was offered an internship in the first and second grade ministry. During the internship God brought into my life amazing relationship, which He used to begin healing my heart. Along the way I heard God speak to me to return to school. I looked and found a Christian school in San Diego. "That's it," I thought. I started planning and preparing, and if this was it why was it becoming so difficult. There was a reason I just hadn't found it yet. Open house came and there was yet another obstacle, the money. It was more than I had imagined it being, and we had no idea how we were to pay for it. We couldn't find a solution because there was none. I soon learned that the school I was suppose to end up at was Life Pacific College. In less than a weeks time I withdrew from school here in San Diego and applied to Life Pacific. In the same time frame I was sponsored for the money that i needed to secure my place as a student. God has made such an exciting path for me. He has kept me guessing, kept me on my toes, and kept testing my faith. Now school is less than two weeks away, and can't wait to begin. I want to use this blog to keep a log of my every day adventures of my college experience, as well as being able to keep those have helped and guided me informed of where their help has taken me.I can't wait to see where God will take me four years from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment