Saturday, October 23, 2010

update

OK so we just finished the half way point of the semester!!! I cannot believe that I am almost done with my first semester!! How crazy is that? I feel like just last week I was applying to LIFE and now I am almost done with my first semester. SO much has happened, and so much more is still happening. For one I am learning how to manage time. Now I didn't say that I am great at it yet, but I am working on it. God has been doing some serious work in me these past few weeks. He's taken this very broken girl, and seen how committed she is. He's shifting and molding me. He's getting rid of all the bad to make her a new, but in order to make something like new there is a lot of dirt that has to be dealt with. Yesterday my counselor wanted to be able to understand the events of my life in order, so what better way than with post its.She had me tell my story from the day I was born until now. I could not believe some of the things that I remembered. There were things that I had not thought about since they happened, and things I felt I could never forget. It brought so many feelings that I could not make sense of them all. She then asked me how do I normally deal with pain. What? There is a way to deal with it? Don't you just keep living your life til you get over it or forget? I know that next week is going to open a whole new box of emotions in itself, but that is what I am getting at. I am healing. For the first time I am learning to actually go through and let go of some of the pain forever. I know that until I become whole I cannot have the same kind of impact on people in my ministry. We all can point out people who are fake and are trying to sell us on things that they wouldn't even by, but in ministry we have to be 100% into God and all His promises. I wish I could say that I am there or even almost there, but the truth is that I am not, but that is what I am working on. This is what I am striving for.

(little side note I got asked to social[our dance] this week pretty excited=)

No comments:

Post a Comment