Monday, August 30, 2010

Worship Night

If you get a chance go to lifepacific.edu and watch the intro video from the President Robert Flores. Listen to what he has to say about this up and coming generation of leaders of ministry. It is truly amazing and I witnessed it tonight. Tonight we had our first Worship night of the year and it was beyond words. Worship is one of my most favorite things to do when I come together in a church, but it was made better seeing everyone that was worshiping to be my age. We are all different and come from our own background, but we had one thing in common, we love Jesus. In the beginning it was just amazing to witness them praising God, but when I let go of the here and now I was changed. The Lord has been pounding on my door trying to get me to understand what it truly means to be forgiven and to let go I just wasn't ready to hear it yet. After a few songs I began to feel overwhelmed with emotion, and for what ever reason I wanted to hold it back. As I attempted the leaders asked us to break into small groups and to not hold back to let go of all the brokenness as we prayed for one another. As we got into our group I felt the emotion building up inside, and then it just came rushing out like a damn had just been broken out of me. The girls of my quad laid hands on me and began praying for me one by one, and as they did I felt like for the first time I could breathe. When you are out during this heat and you are just thirsting for water and you finally take that gulp of cold refreshing water that flows all through out you to cool you down, that was what it felt like to breathe. It was a gulp of refreshing water, it was as if I had learned to breathe for the first time. How amazing the feeling. We began broke out into worship again, and for the first time I worshiped with all that I am. From the blood in my veins, to my arms raised high, to my heart open wide it was all of me. They soon gave time for people to come forward if they felt the Holy Spirit speak to them.I saw a girl walk down the aisle a little timid. She wasn't handed the mic right away either, but God sent her to speak to me. It is such an incredible feeling when you hear God speak to you through other people. She said, "I feel the Lord is telling me to say to come as you are, that it's ok don't be afraid just come as you are." That was it I broke down and any and all brokenness I had left in me flooded out. One of the girls in my quad came to comfort  at the moment I had wished someone would comfort me.She stayed with until all of it was gone, out of me, setting me free from the person I was before. I died tonight. The Bianca I once new is dead. I do not mourn in the loss, but rejoice in the new life that I have found. I am, with everything, God's.

1 comment:

  1. Bianca, I am so glad to hear all that God is doing in your life!!! Serious inspiration girl! Keep up the faith and keep you heart open. There will be hard times and joyful times and sometimes both at once! I hope to hear of your continued growth this year. :) Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete